profile - DR. UPENDRA K R
Dr. Upendra K.R. is a professional trainer, Artist and Director in the domain of Theatre and Education. He holds position of Director of the organization F.A.C.E’ (Foundation for Artists and Craftsmen Empowerment) which works for empowerment of artists and craftsman’s.
He has twelve plus years of experience in Theatre, Training Children and adolescents, youths, artists, teachers through performing arts mainly Drama. His expertise are in Psycho-Physical aspects, self-participation and self-enquiry. His major emphasis has been on alertness and awareness playing a role in our life with a sense of beauty and liveliness.
- Ph.D in Performing arts from Kerala Kalamandalam Deemed University
- Diploma in Theatre Arts, NINASAM theatre Institute, Heggodu, Karnataka.
- M.A and M.Phil in Public Administration, B A (Sociology), Diploma in Industrial Safety and Psychology
- Assisted Mr. Otto Huber (Swiss) Director’s acting workshop for actors in Adarsh Film Institute.
- Assisted Mr. Dan Wolman (Israel) Director in conducting a workshop for actors.
- As judge for National Theatre Festival organized by S B Jain College, Bangalore.
- As a resource person in Bengaluru International Film Festival–09.
- Presented research papers on Traditional Art form of Kerala “Ottan Thullal” at national Conferences.
- Directed and Produced a Documentary movie on Master Puppeteer of Kerala Shadow Puppetry (tholpava Koothu)-“The soul of Vibrant Shadows”
Associated with Azim Premji Foundation as Resource Person in Drama in education since past 4 years : He was working on Training and development of Karnataka state government Head Teachers, Teachers, District functionaries and officials on Theatre being instrumental to achieve quality in the interaction and engagement with children. He major area of operations also involved working with Children, adolescent, youth and community on alertness and awareness, facing adolescent issues, improving observation skills, parenting etc.
Consultant - performing arts department in Christ University and National School of Business, Bangalore.
Worked with Dr.Velu Saravanan M.Sc,Ph.d ( “theatricality in primary education” ) Pondicherry, as an actor and assisted in the workshops for children and teachers for 3 years.
Drama Therapist in Richmond Fellowship Society for the period of 2 years.
Dramatic in charge in DAFFODILS ENGLISH SCHOOL, Bangalore for the period of 2 years
Lecturer in acting Department at Adharsha film Institute for 1 year.
Guest faculty for Mahatma Gandhi Hindhi Viswa vidhyalaya, Wardha, Maharastra for 4 years.
Guest resource person for Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur, TN- for training and drama production.
Conducted workshop for a group of 75 children for ‘Aptha samuha’ , for 250 children, in ‘Natana’ Mysore and in Ranga Jhatre’ Bangalore
Directed children plays – The Apricot Jar(English), ‘Vali moksham’(kannada) and skits
Directed and performed in puppet show in Ranga Shankara theatre festival’s carnival
Directed a play ‘Sundara Vana’, puppet based production for children in Mysore Natana Theatre Group.
Directed a shadow puppet performance “Lanka Lakshmi” for the Tholpava Koothu Puppet Research centre, Koonathara,Kerala , performed in International Film Festival, Trivendrum, Kerala
Directed a glove puppet performance “What Do I Give “for the Doctuer Clowns, France (India)
Director , Sri Venkateshwara Gombeatta Mandali, (string puppetry) Bangalore.
One year as actor and as administrative in charge in the NINASAM repertory company toured all over Karnataka.
- “PRODIGAL SON “(English) “MOONDRU SOORARGAL” (Tamil) .
- “KUTHUGALA VETTAI” (Tamil), “KADAL BHOOTHAM”.
- “ABHIJANA SHAKUNTALA” (Kannada)
- “THREE PENNY OPERA”, “KANTHU”
- “BAHUBALI VIJAYAM”, “BIRUGALI”, “UNDADI GUNDA”
- “PARITHYEKTHA”, “OOZHI KOOTHU” (Tamil ), “Vali Moksham”
Mr. Philip, Mr Louis, Dr Velu Saravanan.Sri, B R Venkataramana Aithal, Sri. K V Akshara, Sri. Chennakeshava, Sri Ragunandhana, Sri Abhilash Pillai, Mr. Ekbal Ahamed, Mr.Veli Rangarajan.