Children & Adolescents
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
The study of Art stimulates our body and mind. Drama, a composite art form, embeds all the five senses in motion and creates a unique memory for every child and adolescent. This process sharpens the artistic sensitivity of the children and makes them more receptive to other forms of knowledge. Consequently, an enthusiastic exposure to the art form of theatre and drama augments their artistic aptitude.
We achieve these targets by various means like drama-games, tasks, and exercises. The fun tasks and games aids in creating a friendly environment. This settee is perfect, wherein, we hold discussions about various needs of the children in the peer group. Frequent exercises and healthy argumentative discussions also nurture the children in a manner such that they acquire physical and mental clarity. In addition, the children are also engaged in the enactment and production of a drama.
A person goes through an array of phases during their natural transition from childhood to adolescence. It is pertinent that any intervention must begin at the early adolescent stage so that the person can imbibe the skills and knowledge thoroughly. The proposed process has a clear bifurcation of adolescents and children both in the content as well as in the training process.
A. Training and workshop for children and adolescents.
This training helps in strengthening the identity construct of the children and the adolescents. It guides them to acquire critical thinking and humaneness towards various happenings in their life. It is achieved by engaging them in the following drama elements:
- Kinaesthetic – body movement, balance
- Creative tasks, spontaneity, concentration, communication, and expression.
The workshops aim at building:
- Consciousness towards roles, responsibilities, and duties
- Alertness towards physical harm and mental growth, emotional needs of the body and mind, and self-regulation
- Awareness towards their self, the ideologies that are being constructed, and the contemporary changes in the society.
Module mode and duration:
These workshops require a minimum of 1 to 5 days of engagement, based on the choice of module and content. One event comprises of a maximum of 30 participants.
The workshop is structured to execute through a combination of theatre games, theatre exercises, and theatre tasks. At the end of the training, we ensure that the children exhibit their learnings to the invited group of members.
- The participants of this module are engaged in the process of enactment of drama. The drama is mostly based on a few popular children plays. The children are also given a choice to write and direct their own plays.
- Process: by a continuous engagement in the creative process of drama production under the close observation and guidance of the facilitator.
- We select a drama script which suits their age group, subject to the shared understanding of the group. A drama enactment functions by connecting the real world with the fictitious world. The participants get a gist of how close their performance is to reality. In the end, the participants are expected to have a sense of heightened creative faculty by constructing and presenting the final product to the invited group.
Module mode and duration:
This module lasts between 10 to 15 days of continuous engagement to bring out a drama production for presentation.